To start with, let us know a little about the nutrients content in potatoes. They are rich in fibers, vitamin c and potassium. As they are rich in fibers, they help lower the total cholesterol in the blood, thereby decreasing the risk of heart disease! In this article, I am presenting the recipe for Zesty honey chilly potatoes!
Ingredients required: 4-5 big sized sliced potatoes, spring onions, red onions, capsicum, garlic, ginger, soya sauce, tomato ketchup, salt, chilly flakes, honey, maida / all purpose flour, corn flour and oil for deep frying.
- Peel, slice and wash 4-5 big sized potatoes.
- Put them in boiling water and add 2 teaspoons full of salt to it.
- Next, par boil the sliced potatoes and drain the water so that the extra starch gets removed.
- Wash the content under running water and let it cool for about 5-7 minutes. \
- Mix about 3 table spoons of maida, half a teaspoon of salt, 3 spoons of corn flour to the potatoes. Make sure these dry ingredients get coated fully over the potatoes so that they form a coating over them.
- Deep fry them under low flame until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- In another pan, add 3-4 table spoon of oil under medium flame. Add garlic and ginger paste, chopped onions, capsicum and green chilies. As the vegetables saute, add 1 spoonful of soya sauce, 2 spoons of ketchup / chili sauce, chili flakes and salt for taste.
- Remove the pan from the flame and add 2-3 spoons of regular honey. Don’t forget to constantly stir while adding honey.
- The last and the final step, add golden crisp potato vegetables to this and toss the contents. Don’t forget to garnish your bowl with chopped spring onions and coriander leaves..
Now enjoy it with hot coffee or tea!