On the auspicious occasion of the International Day of Yoga, iDiya.net has launched “My Happy World” interview series, that makes people from various walks of life pause from their busy life to spend a few moments’ time to ponder on what gives them Happiness and how they can contribute to a Better World, through their thoughts and actions.
This is one small step towards fulfilling former Indian president Late Dr. Abdul Kalam’s dream of an Enlightened Society, a Beautiful World – a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful and Prosperous World. Let’s co-create a better India and a better world as envisioned by Dr. Kalam. The Change starts from YOU.. When you start becoming a little Happier than yesterday, then this world has already become a slightly better place than yesterday!
Part of this, iDiya.net is interviewing thought leaders, change makers and unsung heroes from diverse backgrounds of about their simple ways of being Happy and making others Happy!
iDiya.net founder and chief editor Krishna Reddy interviews Vishnu Prakash, an Art of Living Teacher & Technical Program Manager by profession, who has worked with Microsoft and other companies. Vishnu Prakash is an energetic 29 year old youngster, who is very passionate about various noble social causes that uplift the mankind.
Vishnu travels all over India to inspire thousands of people from diverse backgrounds and imparts them essential life skills that enriches them with Happy & Healthy lifestyle. In this inspiring interview Vishnu talks about his social service projects and his ideas for a better world.
Krishna Reddy: Vishnu, it is in fact a pleasure for iDiya.net to talk to you about your ideas for a better world, wherein people would be healthy, happy, stress-free, harmonious and violence-free. Tell us briefly about yourself.
Vishnu Prakash: Krishna, it is indeed a pleasure for me to share my ideas with you. Here is a brief summary of what I do:
Professional: I am a computer Science Graduate from Thapar University, Patiala. I am also a MACH alumnus from Microsoft and Developer Platform Evangelist for Indian Academia. Overall I have 8 years of solid IT Industry experience in roles like Developer and Program Manager with Microsoft. I have also contributed technically to few Indian startup like MartJack and 42Gears.
Personal: I consider myself a proper 100% Indian. Born in Uttar Pradesh, brought up in Bihar, studied in Punjab and have worked in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka and now relocated to North East India. A social activist, currently I am full time engaged with Sridhenu, an NGO that preserve the desi cows (Cows of indigenous Indian breeds). I am also a full time travelling Art of Living teacher.
Hobbies: I love to cook, compose poems, explore Vedas, travel, meditate and conduct the Happiness Program of the Art of Living. An amalgamation of innocence and intelligence is what defines Vishnu.
Krishna: What makes You Happy?
Vishnu: The time to be Happy is “Now”. My idea of happiness is being happy in “this” moment. Making people around me happy, really makes me happy. For me it feels like Heaven in being the instrument of my Guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji in Creating a Divine society.
Krishna: What are your Service Activities?
Vishnu: I have been associated with the Art of Living for almost a decade now. I am involved in numerous projects directly inspired by my Guru – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
- Blanket of Grace: Helped needy people by providing hundreds of blankets to them in Hyderabad.
- Lingampally Railway Station adoption as per Swatch Bharat mission started by honorable Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Created the Sridhenu platform (an NGO) for Desi (Indian) cow preservation.
- Created hundreds of Youth Leaders through the Art of Living programs.
- Taught trauma and stress release techniques to convicted criminals through the Prison SMART (Stress Management And Rehabilitation Training) program sponsored by the International Association for Human Values at Central Jail in Bangalore.
- Been a motivational speaker. Gave life style talks and conducted stress-management programs at Microsoft, Infosys, Prosoft, Bank of Baroda, iQuanti, Wipro, NIIT tech, freshersworld.com to name a few.
- Nurturing youngsters at Indian School of Business, IIT-Hyderabad, IIIT-Hyderabad, ICFAI Business School.
- Paani Do yaaro project: Took care of birds during intensive summers in Hyderabad and Bangalore
- Mission Green Earth: Planted more than 10000 saplings directly and indirectly by motivating youngsters from various walks of life. Once I motivated one of my students in Hyderabad to plant a sapling for a better environment. Inspired by this he planted 3000 saplings in a short span of time.
Krishna: What are your Unique Skills?
Vishnu: All the skills are meant to be used for others. Some of my skills are: inspiring and leading by example; Tech savvy, logical and proper planning with a vision; an overwhelming sense of belongingness to everyone, I can connect with people from all walks of life and feel like home where ever I go; The power of Spirituality, very high on Spiritual Quotient! A self-contented package overall! Very good at articulation and writing skills; A good public speaker.
Krishna: Your Idea of Heaven?!
Vishnu: A heaven is a place where there is inner happiness along with freedom and a huge sense of belongingness. When the mind is calm and peaceful even in adverse situations, we are in heaven. Heaven is bringing a smile on everyone face. It is not somewhere up the sky but deep within our heart. As my Guru says, “Deepen the roots and broaden the vision”. Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar brings a commitment to bring heaven on earth.
Krishna: Your Great Idea (for a better world)?!
Vishnu: Only an implemented idea can bring a change. Finish important and not so urgent things then and there, so that it does not become urgent!
Krishna: Your success formula?!
Vishnu: For me success is governed by the formula IAM. Have a strong Intention, put 100% Attention and witness it Manifesting. An unwavering smile and being centered in favorable or unfavorable situations. A commitment to serve others effortlessly. Drop all the prejudices against anyone because in some levels we all are one. Pondering on “How much love have I shared? and how much knowledge have I gained?”.
Krishna: Your Health Tips?
Vishnu: Here is what I follow to keep myself happy, healthy, fit and active:
1) 20 minutes of meditation both morning and evening along with Sudarshan Kriya practice.
2) Daily practice of 20 minutes of Yoga Asanas without fail.
3) Follow a vegetarian diet, eat lunch like a king and dinner like a beggar!
4) Follow Ayurveda religiously!
5) After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile.
Krishna: What are your future plans / goals / dream projects ?
Vishnu: My goal is to live in the present moment 🙂
Sridhenu is a dream project blessed by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankarji with the following objectives.
- To bring like-minded people together who can contribute towards preservation of indigenous breed of Indian (Desi) cows.
- To construct a model Sri Sri Gaushala where people can visit, stay with the villagers, dine with them, and feel a connection with their roots. A home away from home, back to the roots.
- To connect farmers across different villages and educate them regarding Organic Farming methods.In first five years, we wish to have:
- 20,000 Indian (Desi) cows.
- Construct / Adopt more than 50 Sri Sri Gaushalas
- Initiate meditation to 25,000 people.
- Plant 1,00,000+ plants.
- Involving Rural youth in Social Service activities.
Krishna: According to you, what is the significance of Yoga, Spirituality and Meditation?Vishnu: One of my professors used to tell, “We are not human beings looking for spiritual experiences, we are spiritual beings having human experiences”. Yoga is a need, not a luxury any more. Like brushing is for dental hygiene, Yoga and meditation are for physical and mental hygiene. Yoga is “Inner peace and skills in action and the real ‘Art’ of Living”. Meditation is “Me dating Myself”. Spirituality is “the spirit of (Self) enquiry”.
Krishna: What do you think is the role of media (print, online, TV, Cinema, radio) in creating a better world?
Vishnu: Positive media can bring about a Divine society. And media’s role is very pivotal. I heartily congratulate iDiya.net to be the agent of change. The seeds will sprout in coming days by bringing like-minded people through your platform!
Krishna: What support do you need from the vibrant iDiya Community of global leaders, entrepreneurs, innovators and change makers for SriDhenu?
Vishnu: Create awareness about A2 vs A1 milk by sharing this scientific information from sridhenu.org website on various social media platforms. You can donate for our corpus funds. It helps you physically if you spend time with cows. You are welcome spend 2 to 7 days with the cows in our Gaushalas. You can reach out to us through email – sridhenu (at) gmail (dot) com, Twitter and Facebook .